Posted on: July 16, 2009 Posted by: Diane Swarts Comments: 0

Despite having the necessary knowledge in correct and safe practices, a Hobart electrician who was injured at work has been fined $5 000 for breaching the Workplace Health and Safety Act.

Michael Beverley, an electrician and a colleague were busy working on a switchboard at the University of Tasmania last year when they suffered radiation burns equating to severe sunburn.

The electrician new that the company policy was to not do any work until the power had been switched of and the accident would not have happened if this policy was followed.

Source: www.abc.net.au

Uncategorized